- February 19, 2021 - May 28, 2021
12:00 am - 5:00 pm
Next Generation Science Implementation Classroom Innovations
IMPORTANT: Only the school principal or vice principal may submit the registrations. Please submit the registrations for the entire team at one time.
The Classroom Innovations guide is designed to support teachers in professional learning communities (PLCs) working to implement the STEM Ready! Science Standards one innovation at a time. This PLC model is designed to meet the unique needs of the school community offering a flexible approach that allows PLCs to choose the path of the learning based on the collective needs of the school community.
- NGSS Introduction
- NGSS Implementation
- Phenomena-based Instruction
- Productive Classroom Culture
- Exploratory Discourse
- Explanatory Discourse
- Formative Assessment
- Engineering in the NGSS
Each Innovation grounds the PLC in a Welcome Activity that is used as a guide to the discuss the resources offered.
School teams are invited to apply!
School Administrators: If you are interested, please complete the following application to register your school’s team. Registration may take about 10 minutes to complete. (Only the principal / vice principal may complete the team application.)
Registration / Application Details
Team Registration Count: For the number of registrations, include
- 1 for the principal or vice principal (primary registrant)
- 1 for the facilitator
- 1 for EACH participating teachers
(Example: If you have 5 teachers in the team, select 7 registrations.)
Required Information for Your Team Application:
- Principal name and contact information
- Team facilitator name, contact information, and title
- Participating teachers’ names, contact information, teaching levels
- Anticipated day and time of week for PLC meetings
- STEM Ready! Science Standards (Course Map)
NM PED Math & Science Bureau will review all registration / applications and notify your principal of acceptance status.
Please complete the registration application by March 8, 2021.
Questions about Science CI: Christy Krenek. Christy.Krenek@ state.nm.us
Questions about Registration: David Bowman, firstname.lastname@example.org